November 04, 2008

A Witness to History?

Let me be honest.  I voted for Obama.  Like many, I stewed over it for many months.  While I am a registered Democrat, I will jump the fence periodically when it comes down to actually voting.  Looking back though, I've never jumped the fence when it comes to voting for the President. 

Anyway, it's ten o'clock on Election Night and already the highly overpaid political pundits are giving Barack Obama over 200 electoral college votes.  Cool by me, but I've got a question.  Why does the electoral college still exist?  We have computers that can add and send total votes to Oz (or the White House or the Galactic Republic or wherever the official votes are stored), without the help of a middleman.  This is the Third Millennium, people!
  

No comments: