July 21, 2009

There are two new stars in the sky these days

Two really awesome people left the world these past few days.

Gary was a guy I used to hear about from my friend Nancy several years ago. Nancy was living with her boyfriend Pat at the time and Gary was their neighbor. Gary used to tell Nancy that Pat was not good enough for her and someday she'd figure out that Gary was actually her Mr. Right. It took some time, but she did finally see the light.

Mary Helen was a dear friend and neighbor of my grandparents. My grandmother especially loved her, and seeing as how my own mother - Nana's only child - has died so young, thought of her as her other daughter. After my Nana passed, Mary Helen became a good friend to me...I only hope I was half as good to her.

I love you guys.

No comments: