February 17, 2011

I Even Bore Myself.

I haven't blogged in over a month now.  Not because I don't have anything to talk about but because I am just so over myself I hate to write about anything because honestly, who really cares about what I have to say about anything?

But I just can't bring myself to shut it down because going to my own blog is the easiest way for me to keep tabs on the other [wittier] bloggers I like to follow.  I'm not into the Google Reader or whatever the hell it's called.  I don't want yet another fricken web page to check every day.

Out of sheer desperation, I offer this.  I changed my profile pic to one that was taken a mere week ago, the newest picture of me on the internet ANYWHERE.  If I could caption it, it would read, "I Fought the Gray and the Gray Won".  In August I'm going to turn 50.  Fifty.  Five-Oh.  I think I look pretty good.  In person.  Still take a shitty picture.  Recently it dawned on me that I no longer give a shit. Not about the age, nor the hair, nor the multiple sclerosis.  They are just little pieces of the puzzle that is Me.

3 comments:

Webster said...

I thik your gray hair looks just fine. I also think that living with it as it is is one leck of a lot easier than coloring it every four-six weeks. Cheaper, too. I don't have as much gray as you do, but I like the way it's coming in.

Oh, and remember, it's a blog - not a novel.

Anne P said...

Webster, you are right. My blog is just for me to get stuff off my chest, isn't it? I don't have to be deep and emotive nor even make any damned sense if I don't want to, do I?

Webster said...

No Anne, you don't!